Tires Replacement - Crosstrek 2018

Reaction score
A comment and a question:

I got a non-repairable nail puncture in the sidewall of one of my tires in my 2018 Crosstrek, 35k miles (I drive fewer miles than I used to! and it's all highway or local town road traffic.)

Everything I read about replacing 1 tire on a Crosstrek said that if a replacement tire is within 2/32 of the other tires, the differential should be OK from damage.
The tire store measured my tires -- all are at 8/32 and a new tire is 10/32, so I got lucky and made it within the tolerance. I was surprised, but the tread gauge doesn't lie...

I had figured I'd get about ~55k miles on the original tires, so I'd be replacing all 4 in about ~20k miles. But for now, I'll use the one replacement tire since it's within 2/32 of the other tires and replace all 4 when the tread is near the end.​

Question: Looking ahead, other than the OEM Yokahama Geolander G91F (tire guy said they're expensive), what are some recommended brands/models of replacement tires for a Crosstrek that people have used? Mostly highway/local town driving, no off-road or rough conditions.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Ask a Question