Timing Belt Gasket Replacement

Reaction score
Hello, Would anyone happen to know how easy/difficult the job of replacing a timing belt cover gasket on a 1995 Subaru Legacy is? Most instructions I have seen show only having to remove the main pulley. Nonetheless, I would not be able to remove the one on my vehicle unless I remove another pulley next to it which turns the belt for the air conditioner. This one does not seem too difficult to remove and is much smaller. Any help and/or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Use the link to find your service manual.
Read the pages to have the correct tools available.
https://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Legacy_Outback/1995/
Thanks for the link. It'll be a great help. I need to replace the lower front cover gasket on my vehicle. It seems that the leak is there. Also, the gasket is visibly damaged. Would you happen to know if I will have replace both the lower left and right cover gaskets also. It looks like they overlap.

Change everything that is removed with the opposite side including any seal attached to the harmonic balancer.
Use the correct torque specifications.

Ask a Question