Time sert install on tb tensioner pulley. Bolt specs?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was hoping to ask a favor for you all so here goes...My ej22 originally out of a ??, and currently in my 96 Legacy Outback +w snapped the timing belt tensioner pulley bolt off in the block. I'm fixing on giving it a go with a time sert thread kit and was hoping one q211 you all may be able to lend me a hand with the specs on the bolt. The tensioner is a 2 piece operation with the pulley having a plate mounted on its backside which is the contact point for the 2nd piece, the hydraulic ram\press. Both pieces mount directly to the block and i believe the one I'm after is a M10. Thank you all for your time, any help is very much appreciated.

Hi everyone. I was hoping to ask a favor from you all so here goes...My EJ22 originally out of a ??, and currently in my 96 Legacy Outback went and snapped the timing belt tensioner pulley bolt off in the block. I'm fixing on giving it a go with a time sert thread kit and was hoping one of you all may be able to lend me a hand with the specs on the bolt. The tensioner is the 2 piece operation with the pulley having a plate mounted on its backside which is the contact point for the 2nd piece, the hydraulic ram\press. Both pieces mount directly to the block. Thank you all very much for your time, any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go and purchase the replacement / matching bolt from the dealer.
The length, diameter and thread pitch will be in your hands.

Go and purchase the replacement / matching bolt from the dealer.
The length, diameter and thread pitch will be in your hands.
Thank you. Honestly I'm doing what I can to avoid having to ask a friend for a ride to a out of town wrecking yard. I tried ours but struck out there so budget/time wise it may be the way to go. $90 for sure in the hand may beat a 100 to 250 mile road trip for a few maybe five possibles. Thought i'd toss a line in first and see. I appreciate the tip though.

Ask a Question