Speed control sensor

Reaction score
Hi all,
First time on the Forum.
I've got a 2014 Legacy Premium. 2.5 automatic. 132k miles. Multiple warning lights including traction control, abs, parking brake light flashing, check engine, cruise control icon, etc. Popping the code P500A, speed control sensor. My question is : Is this an ABS wheel speed sensor? Or..the speed sensor that plugs into the transmission ? Follow up questions: If it's a wheel sensor how can I identify which one it is? If it's the tranny mounted sensor can anyone show/explain where this part is?
Thanks

Added edit info and question.
This entire problem started with me persuing a hanging idle issue. After getting off the throttle the RPM only drops to around 2k rpm. Even if you slip the car into neutral while rolling it hangs at 2k until you come to a complete stop, then it falls to regular idle.
Q: Does this car have both an engine speed sensor AND a transmission speed sensor? If so, which is likely causing the above mention code and warning light issue problem?

Last edited:

Ask a Question