No Speed Sensor on Transmission....

Reaction score
So my speedo hasn't worked on my 03 baja n/a 5spd MT since I got it. No worries to me, it didn't drive when I bought it, but I got it back on the road finally, went to replace the speed sensor today, and its nonexistent on the transmission....the wiring harness is there, but no sensor. Just the torx bolt that covers the hole where it should be. Am I missing something or am I just looking in the wrong spot??? I'm very confused..

So my speedo hasn't worked on my 03 baja n/a 5spd MT since I got it. No worries to me, it didn't drive when I bought it, but I got it back on the road finally, went to replace the speed sensor today, and its nonexistent on the transmission....the wiring harness is there, but no sensor. Just the torx bolt that covers the hole where it should be. Am I missing something or am I just looking in the wrong spot??? I'm very confused..
To add, the abs wheel speeds sensors are all there, just not the output sensor for the speedometer. So does this mean that the transmission was replaced at some point??? I just don't know what's up

Ask a Question