Possible cooling fan issue

Reaction score
So the radiator sprung a leak on a long car trip. Replaced the radiator and a couple hoses that seemed to need it. After getting everything back up and test driving it, the cooling fan hasn't come on that I can tell (didn't upon initial start-up, couldn't tell for sure but I don't think I heard it while driving. I know those aren't generally on constantly, but I feel like I should have seen it on after test driving and opening the hood while the engine was still on.

How often, and for how long do the fans generally come on? I'm wondering if, when the radiator was spewing coolant if it got in the wiring of the fan and ruined it. Is there an easy way for me to check that? I did the radiator myself and can do simple stuff like that, but fixing (or even diagnosing) wiring issues is not my strong spot. Anything easy I can check before throwing up my hands and taking it in?

Ask a Question