patching paint chip on WRX bumper?

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza' started by peter, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. peter

    peter Guest

    How do you patch chipped areas on the bumper? Since the paint has some
    thickness to it, I think I need some sort of filler to smooth it out with
    the rest of the bumper before applying the touch up paint.

    Any idea where to get this "filler" or what it is called?
    peter, Jun 25, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. peter

    Coggo Guest

    You can buy a can of spray filler or "spray putty" as it is sometimes
    called, from an auto paint shop. It's just a very heavy paint - you put on a
    few coats and sand it back smooth, then spray the final colour over it.
    Coggo, Jun 25, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. peter

    Fred Guest

    Bondo glazing or spot putty: Get it in any auto
    supply house.
    Fred, Jun 25, 2005
  4. peter

    Michael Guest

    Get spot putty, comes in a tube.Any auto parts store should have it.
    Michael, Jun 28, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.