2021 Forester paint

Reaction score
Just curious from anyone who owns a Forester that's a few years old on how the paint job seems to hold up. I bought my 2021 Forester on 12-31-20 and have probably run it through the car was 5 or 6 times. I usually do the Kwik Trip Soft touch car wash and have never had any problems. I noticed the same day after getting the car washed a fairly large surface scratch on the hood and one on the side of the car. I can only assume it was from the car wash? Also I was suckered into a ceramic coating thinking it would offer superior paint protection as I had a nano ceramic done on my 2012 Honda CRV and paint was in mint condition when I got rid of it, so even more irritated. I did talk the price down a lot but still mad. Just curious if anyone else has noticed that he paint easily scratches? Any advice/input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Best advise is stop using automated car washers. They are notorious for scratching cars due to poor upkeep on the equipment used.

Is it scratched or scuffed? If scuffed you might be able to buff it out. Regarding ceramic coatings, there are many out there but the good stuff is pretty expensive and comes in a little bottle. Try YouTube and watch a few videos..

Ask a Question