Non answer answers.

Reaction score
Does anyone else hate it when a question is asked and someone says, “ look it up in the owner’s manual “?

I'm that someone the responds in that manner and contrary to anyone's "fairy tail beliefs", there is quite a bit of information found within the owners manual that is not presented while interpreting the factory service manuals.
Been there, done that, wrote many books, magazine articles and have all the "T" shirts..
Can it be the comprehension level or the written style?
North American and European owners and service manuals are written within the confines of a Grade 9 level language.
The comprehension is University level language.
In other words, is it laziness or illiteracy.
So here's a few questions. Maybe pick from the list for a "logical answer(s)".
A 2023 Subaru that has a Driver Assist System that may or may not have an anomaly and the vehicle owner wants to know how to operate the integrated systems.
1) Purchase a factory service manual?
2) Read the supplied owners manual?
3) Possibly help or instruct family members on how the systems work?
4) Call the neighbor?
5) Call the local dealer?
6) Pose a question to a forum?
7) Consult youtube?
8) How about the town Mayor, a state official, a police department?
9) Then again, a divine intervention?
10) Don't you just hate it with the response “ look it up in the owner’s manual “?

I am that someone and I do read the owners manuals when quick and required information is needed.

11) How many Subaru models are on the road today?

Why don't you look back and read every post that I and others have responded to?

12) Retention:

To make it clear, take the term any way you feel comfortable with.
Retention is also another term for "to remember, to recall, to keep"
Since you opened the door, what is your educated opinion about the purpose of this forum?
If you even contemplated what was written / posted earlier, that is my opinion on the purpose of this forum.

Does anyone else hate it when a question is asked and someone says, “ look it up in the owner’s manual “?
No because 187 people will ask the same question before either looking it up in an online search or their manual and just come to a forum to ask for the 187th time without even searching the forum to see if it’s even been asked already 187 times

No because 187 people will ask the same question before either looking it up in an online search or their manual and just come to a forum to ask for the 187th time without even searching the forum to see if it’s even been asked already 187 times
LOL... truth

Ask a Question