Turbo on non turbo ea82

Reaction score
New to the forum, and I know this has been asked in the past at sometime.
What are the issues putting a turbo and turbo heads on a non turbo ea82 with 143k miles on it?

Tuning, wiring, exhaust, sensors, engine compatibility, reliability. Its not just a slap on and go ordeal.

Tuning, wiring, exhaust, sensors, engine compatibility, reliability. Its not just a slap on and go ordeal.
I have a complete running 88 GL10 turbo to get all of these parts from.
I was more curious about the compression ratio difference maybe for a little more power.
Would the boost blow by the rings, or tear up the bottom end?
Could the boost be tweaked to compensate for this but still make a power gain above what the turbo itself would nake.

The compression on the non turbo engine is going to be higher naturally but if you are swapping the heads then that should help lower it for the turbo. Blow by and internals are going to be a crap shoot. They may hold they may not. really depends on the condition of the engine. You can adjust boost with tuning to make sure you dont get to much blow by but still allow a decent power increase. If it were me I would talk to a tuning shop/builder that is familiar with that engine.

Ask a Question