Neverending issues

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Well the last 2 months have been terrible for this loyal Subaru owner. It all started 2 days before Memorial day when I was taking the family for a trip out of state. I hit a pot-hole on the interstate when the muffler came off. The only place I could find to fix it was a Discount tire place, the charged me $850 and told me they also had to weld a bracket for the muffler. I went on my way.
The next day the car started to overheat. I took it to a dealer in Lynchburg, who told me that I had a blown fuse for the passenger side fan. I started heading home, when 100 miles away, the car started to overheat again. I limped it up to NY, and had it scanned and towed. The scanner said coolant temp sensor. I replaced the sensor, and it almost immediately overheated. I brought it to my trusted Subaru mechanic, who told me that I had to replace the hose at the bottom of the radiator. I drove it for 500 miles , when it overheated again, this time because the hose, that was just put on stopped off. Drove it another 750 miles when it overheated again. Had it towed to another Subaru dealership, where I has to have the head gasket, timing pump...ect replaced, for about $2500 dollars. Drove it for 200 miles when the check engine light came back on. Same dealership, this time it was an O2 sensor. Had O2 sensor replaced, and Drove it for less than 2 miles and the check engine light came back on. So, I have taken the car to 5 mechanics, 2 of which are Subaru dealers, and I am no closer to having an operational vehicle yhan I was $4000 ago.
My thoughts are that when the first guy welded the bracket onto the frame, could he have somehow shorted out the computer, which is why it keeps blowing different sensors, or burned some installation off which is causing the check engine light to throw false reads.
The car seams to throw the codes when Idling, and when it does the cruise flashes as well as the brake light and traction control.

Ask a Question