Legacy 2014 3.6 Knock Sensor Code (P0328)

Reaction score
Greetings all.

This is my first post; kindly bear with me.

My 2014/3.6 Legacy is reading the following Check Engine Code: P0328: Knock Sensor 1 - Circuit Malfunction (High Input).
The instrument panel displays a flashing brake light and a flashing Cruise Control icon.

I replaced the 2 knock sensors, disconnected the battery, plugged in the scanner, and erased the code; but still nothing. The car cranks up as usual and runs smoothly without malfunctions, but the Check Engine light along with the flashing brake & cruiser control continue showing. I plugged in the scanner multiple times, just in case, and erased the code but no luck.

Auto Zone scanner shows the same code, and the associate recommended, "Drive it around for a day or two. This type of code tends to correct itself. If not, bring it in and we'll delete/erase the code here."

Has anyone encountered this sort of problem? Is the AZ recommendation even a legit one?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thnx!

Ask a Question