Issue with led hi beam bulbs

Reaction score
Good afternoon and hello. First time poster. I replaced the high and low beams with LED bulbs of the same style on my 13 Legacy. (H7 for low and 9005 for high). Now when I put the car into drive, the high beams come on in the off, auto and marker light position and go off in the headlight position. They will function amd come on as high beams in the headlamp position. I put the regular high beam bulbs back in and they went back to functioning properly. Any ideas?

Take this as an "educated warning" and recognize that not all LED kits are the same, especially within different model ranges. Much is dependent on the body control modules and how the lighting system is monitored.
This link is a great way to understand how these systems operate:

When we update / upgrade lighting systems, the best fitting choices are needed to ensure the correct operation of headlamps and DRL systems. That will also include the surrounding lamps and that the adaptations fall within Provincial or State guide lines.
Once again, not all LED systems are created equally and many "internet" purchases seem to fail over time.
If any added kit is installed, use the correct schematics and fused connections.
Crimp and Shrink connections are the best solution for any automotive application.
Mount all harnesses and connections in a safe and robust manner.

Ask a Question