Brain frazzled on this one please chime in ( starting issue)

Reaction score
So I bought at auction a 2000 legacy outback wagon 2.5 four cylinder. It appeared someone had worked on the motor replacing a timing belt but tried to start it half assembled and gave up. I bought the thing because I had a motor from a 1998 Forrester sitting in my shed that I know was running and driving about six months ago. Motor had oil and some coolant in it while in dry storage.
We swapped over the motors and I used the intake and wiring harness as well as the throttle body from the original motor
we have it all together with exception of the following there are no belts on the motor, the air conditioning compressor is not installed as we do not have the bolts for that yet, the washer fluid bottle is not installed as that was not included in the sale of the car nor was the lower part of the air box that clips to the right inner fender.
we have fuel and spark.. all connections appear to be connected cranks but wont start there is oil in motor when the key is in the off position and I can pull it out there is a security light blinking once I begin cranking that goes out
ideas suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeushead01

Latest Threads

Back