Hi All -- New Member here !

Reaction score
I am having an issue my just purchased 2005 Baja regarding the Dimmer switch not doing anything. I have no lights on the Instrument gauges but all the other lights seem to be OK. No gauge illumination at night !
I got the car and it has been taken care of nicely ! Very Clean and serviced correctly. It does have an after market Pioneer hands free radio which also works just fine and looks like it was professionally installed. I did notice that the Baja's wiring Harness has both Pin 1 ( Violet / Illumination + ) and Pin 7 (Back/white stripe / Dimmer - ) connections but the Pioneer Radio ( AVH-X5600BHS) only has Pin 1 ( Orange wire ) connected and there is no pin in slot 7. I don't much about car wiring so I am asking if anyone hear can shed some light on this.

I checked all the fuses in the engine compartment and under the dash - all the 10A fuses are OK.

All other lights and electronics are fine .. I just don't have and Instrument lights and the Dimmer Switch on the column does nothing.

Can anyone help me identify the problem ??

Thank you,

Sal

Ask a Question