Forester XT and WRX turbo issues

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am on my 4th turbo in 5yrs. Turns out there is a bulletin to repair this problem but Subaru will only do this if you are under your original warranty time. Never mind that I had it done at 65,000 then 187,000 and now I need the next one. The bulletin clearly exposes the problem but Subaru refuses to help me even though I have paid for all three. Get your 2014 to 2019 Foresters and WRX's in for your repairs. Anyone else lose a turbo? Ice builds up at the PCV valve and falls into the turbo. The Bulletin lists the parts needed to repair this issue.

Get to the dealer. I am attaching the Bulletin. I have pictures of two of the failed turbos and it is exactly the same as the bulletin. You do not have any noises or sounds when it is failed. You may be driving around with a failed turbo right now and not know it.
I attached two photos of my first two turbos. Exactly what the bulletin shows. Subaru is not willing to help me so I want to make sure everyone has this notice and takes their car in for the upgrades and replacements. My first turbo was Covered under my extended warranty. Number two was $4200 and number three replacement is the same cost.
Mark G Auto in Edmonton found this bulletin for me and they are a great shop. Lethbridge Subaru has been helping me and they can do the warranty work. They are putting turbo number 4 in my car. Please Pass this on and get your cars looked after UNDER WARRANTY. Cheers

014.PNG
car owie 009.JPG
car owie 010.JPG

Ask a Question