2023 Forester Touring - Phantom phone calls to/from my OWN phone, the one linked to the car.

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Forester Touring. The last two times I have used the car for the first time each day, about a couple of minutes into my drive, the received call system activates showing that there is a call to or from my phone, the one that is linked to the car. Any attempts to answer it or hang it up fail for the first couple of tries. Eventually, either because it times out or because I have hit End Call enough times, it hangs up.

And, of course, my phone does not show any incoming or outgoing calls at the time.

Nothing I know of that might have caused this, although it did start happening after I deleted the annoying AHA app from my phone.

Only other possibility is that it is somehow related to me checking for software/firmware updates, which I usually do once a day in my driveway while the car is warming up.

It doesn't appear to happen every time I start the car, just for the first time each day.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ask a Question