Forester front roar

Reaction score
I purchased a 2009 forester a couple of months ago knowing it has a roar up front and the couple I purchased it from told me up front that it needed a front differential.
I have driven the car around a thousand miles. It’s began to roar more when you take a curve on the right.
It does roar more around the speed of 55-65 in a straight line and less any more or less of that speed if that makes sense.
I’m just trying to get some of you guys input on this issue.
Btw this car only has like 147xxx on it.
Thank you in advance

I purchased a 2009 forester a couple of months ago knowing it has a roar up front and the couple I purchased it from told me up front that it needed a front differential.
I have driven the car around a thousand miles. It’s began to roar more when you take a curve on the right.
It does roar more around the speed of 55-65 in a straight line and less any more or less of that speed if that makes sense.
I’m just trying to get some of you guys input on this issue.
Btw this car only has like 147xxx on it.
Thank you in advance
Turn R roar
Turn L less
Means u need L F bearing
try that first before diff

wheel bearing LF
Jim thank you so much, it did turn out to be the left hub and not the differential.
Omg I would have been the biggest idiot to have repaired/replaced differential.
Sorry it took so long to reply. I just got around to swapping it out.
Thank you soooo much!!

Ask a Question