Diagnostic Help

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Coming on here because I am not vehicle/maintenance savvy in the slightest. I drive a 2019 Legacy (2.5i sport), and for a couple weeks it was flashing that my fob had low battery. Well I shrugged it off a little and this morning when I went to get in, my keyless entry went off but my push to start button had a red light but still didn't turn on. I went inside and replaced the battery finally, but when I went back out to start it the car was dead. No lights, no sounds, nothing worked. Key fob didn't do anything. Could anyone provide insight on if this is a fob issue or am I just looking at a dead battery? I did open my hood to hear a very very faint alarm sound but it went away.

2019 and the original battery? If so it could be the battery. Does it even attempt to crank? Give it a jump start and see how it goes, at this point that's likely the best way to determine what's going on.

Ask a Question