Clutch pedal sticking

Reaction score
hey everybody, my dad and I replaced the clutch disc, pressure plate, and throwout bearing on my 05 Legacy GT. (by the way, I resurfaced my flywheel). also to preface, I have never had any clutch sticking symptoms before. but after we put everything back together, my clutch pedal was sticking bad enough for it to sometimes, be completely stuck to the floor, only coming back after prying it back. It's also worth noting that I bought two clutches, clutch (A) was way too big but it came with an identical throwout bearing as the OEM one (FIRST PHOTO ATTACHED IS OF THE ORIGINAL IN MY CAR BUT IT IS IDENTICAL TO THIS). Since it didn't fit I had to buy clutch (B). It's the right-sized clutch but the throwout bearing looked different and wouldn't fit around the clutch fork or maybe we were doing it wrong (SECOND PHOTO ATTACHED). SO, we made the probably very dumb decision to just use clutch (A) throwout bearing, with the clutch (B) pressure plate and clutch disc. I know now it might be dumb but it all looked identical to the OEM so we thought we'd try. So overall I'm just hoping to see if anybody has any ideas. Questions are encouraged! Thanks!

Ask a Question