android auto deficit

Reaction score
Got premium outback, was told android auto would give full screen navigation, but it only provides small screen. suburu says they are working on a fix, but nothing has happened in a year! How do we get suburu to act?

Subaru is working on a solution to this but I doubt it will be anything done soon unfortunately. The android auto software has to be updated as well. Its not just a Subaru update thing. I know what you mean though, it is kind of annoying.

I have heard that it is no longer an android auto issue, but solely Suburu. do you know differently? I don't quite understand why it would take so long. My sales agent and the support person at my local Suburu both thought android auto produced a full screen.

Subaru is working on a solution to this but I doubt it will be anything done soon unfortunately. The android auto software has to be updated as well. Its not just a Subaru update thing. I know what you mean though, it is kind of annoying.

We all thought it would produce a full screen until we went to try it and got duped...From what I know, (now I may not have the most recent info) its a software issue between the headunit Subaru uses and the android auto software. I'll see if I can read into it and if Subaru has released anything new on it.

Would anyone on this thread mind telling me what does work with Android Auto? The salesman today was saying you just connect a phone and you can navigate on the screen with GPS (I am looking at base 2022 Impreza). But from what I am reading its not the case. But it isn;t what I care about much - I'm looking to use bluetooth with Android for phone calls and audio streaming from phone, and using a usb stick with mp3's on it like I do in a Focus.

This has to be a Subaru issue, because my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited allowed for me to have Navigation on top of screen and Pandora on the bottom. All through Android Auto, but my OBW only allows Navi on top and radio on bottom. No option to change it to Pandora.

Ask a Question