Alignment issue

Reaction score
I have 27,000 miles on my Forester. I do like Subaru, but I had a slow tire leak. Went to get it repaired, and was told the tires were down to a 2 on the inside of the tires. The shop would not repair the tires, owing to it being worn so much on the inside edge. I was told the alignment must be off. The tires are original to the vehicle, no accidents, no other damage that I can think of that would cause the alignment to be off. The dealership says not under any warranty, but I would think that if they wore out this quickly, the alignment might have been off when I got the vehicle new. The dealership said you have to have an alignment every 12,000 miles (???), rotating the tires (which I did) could contribute to more than 1 tire being worn, etc, etc, etc. Basically they said not their problem. All service was done at the dealer on, or before it was due. Very disappointed. Anyone else have this issue? Thoughts?

I have read on other sites that this is a common issue with Subaru.

Allegedly, at about 80K your lower control arms will need to be replaced, another common complaint. Also not under warranty....

I have read on other sites that this is a common issue with Subaru.

Allegedly, at about 80K your lower control arms will need to be replaced, another common complaint. Also not under warranty....
Right. Had my lower control arms replaced on my 2018 forester at maybe 75000. Right one was bad. My OE tires only lasted 40000. Replaced with some good continentals. Will see how long they go to 4/32. I always replace at about 4 or 5/32. Didn’t have excessive wear on original tires. Long shot, but maybe a brake issue of some kind? My right front rotor had some kind of putting going on at maybe 50000. Replaced with good quality Napa rotors. I don’t like oem Subaru brakes.

Ask a Question