Hopefully a Helpful Hint Driver Seat Easy Exit

Reaction score
There seems to be no driver “easy exit” setting on the 2021 Forrester. I used the driver 2 memory setting with the driver seat fully retracted then when powering off the car, selecting seat position 2 makes the seat fully recline as opposed to leaving it parked to the last seat position set by the driver monitoring system. My wife needs the seat very high and almost fully forward making it impossible for me to enter. This solves that feature that Subrau somehow over looked.

There seems to be no driver “easy exit” setting on the 2021 Forrester. I used the driver 2 memory setting with the driver seat fully retracted then when powering off the car, selecting seat position 2 makes the seat fully recline as opposed to leaving it parked to the last seat position set by the driver monitoring system. My wife needs the seat very high and almost fully forward making it impossible for me to enter. This solves that feature that Subrau somehow over looked.
You might consider programming Driver 2 to your comfort, then push memory 2 when you open the driver door. It will only take 3 or 4 seconds to get to your settings, and you can then sit down comfortably. I think there is also a setting that calls for the driver seat to be fully rectracted upon exit, but I cannot recall where that setting might be.

Ask a Question