2022 Outback Wilderness

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness and have noticed a sound coming from the rear end while the car is parked in the garage. We noticed the sound again last night and I was able to record a sample which I provided to the dealership to bring attention to this potential issue sooner than later.

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue with their Wilderness Edition? If so, what was the diagnosis and outcome?

Thanks,
James M

It does a purge of fuel vapors after shutdown. Sounds like something electric like a small motor. Its mentioned in the owners manual. I'll dig out the page tomorrow

James, I've heard a similar fan blower or whirling type noise on occasion from the rear of my 21 Outback XT Touring when parked in our garage. The sound goes away after an hour or so when I've gone back to check it. I don't know what the sound is but I haven't experienced any vehicle problems because of it.

Ask a Question