2019 Forester Gas Lid Won't Open

Reaction score
Just bought my first Subaru and was really happy with it until my gas lid refused to open. After pushing on it about 30, times it finally came open. The Forester only has 1,000 miles on it. Is any one else having this problem?

Just bought my first Subaru and was really happy with it until my gas lid refused to open. After pushing on it about 30, times it finally came open. The Forester only has 1,000 miles on it. Is any one else having this problem?
As far as I know, the gas cap release is recessed into the floor of the drivers side, under the drivers feet.

As far as I know, the gas cap release is recessed into the floor of the drivers side, under the drivers feet.
Thanks for your response. The new 2019 Forester don't have a release inside the vehicle. You just push in on the gas lid and it pops open.

I learned this yesterday the hard way: standing stupidly in the cold, pushing on the gas cover over and over, getting nowhere until I was ready to give up and get the manual out of the car, so I hit my unlock button and voilà.
I don’t think it’s a neat learning experience, though. In my experience, women are taught to lock car doors when they get out to pump gas, especially at night when they’re alone or have kids with them. Can I override this? I don’t like this feature at all.

I learned this yesterday the hard way: standing stupidly in the cold, pushing on the gas cover over and over, getting nowhere until I was ready to give up and get the manual out of the car, so I hit my unlock button and voilà.
I don’t think it’s a neat learning experience, though. In my experience, women are taught to lock car doors when they get out to pump gas, especially at night when they’re alone or have kids with them. Can I override this? I don’t like this feature at all.
Just have her lock the car door after she opens the fuel door

Ask a Question