2018 2.5i seat causing back pain

Reaction score
Hello, I have been reading these posts about seats since before purchasing my 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i. Seemed there were fewer complaints about the 2018 model seats. They seemed fine on the test drive, however, after about 8 months of owning the car, my back pain is unbearable. I watched a video about removing the lumbar support from the 2022 Subaru Forester 2.5i. I excitedly opened up my seat back only to find that they are completely different! Is there a way to remove that awful lumbar support from the 2018 2.5i forester? The dealership installed heated seats for me, if that makes any difference (they were not original to the car, and car was used when I purchased it), if that makes any difference. I did buy a memory foam cushion to sit on and after a week with that, my back is still killing me. I have to find a solution. Has anyone solved this problem?

Ask a Question