2008 legacy sohc 4EAT granny car

Reaction score
After running several Subaru cars with EA81, EA82, and EJ20 engines, I was a little psyched to finally try a 2.5l. The EA81 with a Weber on it was really fun, especially in the winter. One EA82 had an auto trans in a wagon, but it still cooked when revved up. This 2008 just doesn't get it. Despite being rated at around 170HP, I'd guess I never got more than 90 out of it. I've tried a lot of things. No plugged cats. New plugs. No ECU codes. No leaks. Can't find a bad part anywhere. Decent gas mileage, sometimes hitting 30mpg if I stay in the draft of trucks a little, so I doubt there's anything wrong with the injectors. Torque is just continuously shite. Unlocking the torque converter in 4th is practically useless, and so is dowshifting into 3rd unless the hammer is put down. I'm put to shame at least once on every highway drive. Where is the fuel pressure regulator in this thing? Help?

Ask a Question