2007 Subaru Legacy Engine Rebuild

Reaction score
My 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i has a blown motor I was wondering if anyone has any part numbers for a rebuild kit or parts. Seems like it will be a whole lot cheaper to do a rebuild than buy a junkyard motor. Thanks.

You will need to inspect the entire engine, including the cylinder heads for damage and or gaskets.
The piston bores, connecting rods and crankshaft require measurements for boring or crank / rod machining.
The best option is to find a service manual with the required tools to measure for wear and damage.
If there are time restraints, the better option is a "long block" replacement when machining and replacement costs are factored in.
Contact a machine shop known for Subaru engine overhauls, they may have a list of replacement items with part numbers.
An example: https://www.cleggengine.com/engine-rebuild-kits/subaru-engine-rebuild-kits.html

Ask a Question