Where is the battery sensor on a 20007 Subaru Forester 2.5x? Flickering Battery and Brake dash lights.

Reaction score
Where is the battery sensor on a 20007 Subaru Forester 2.5x (130k miles)? Online, I can only find descriptions of it for other years, which say it is on the negative battery terminal lead, but I do not see it there.

I have the flickering Battery and Brake dashboard lights problem. They flash together randomly; sometimes a lot, sometime not at all. This started about 2 weeks ago. Both the alternator and battery are about 5 months old. I had suspected a loose wire but the wires to battery, alternator and chassis ground are all tightly connected. The alternator belt is tight. Perhaps my battery sensor is bad but at this stage I am at a loss on what need to be fixed. I assume the 2007 Forester has a battery sensor, but I can not find on the Subaru parts site, https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com/v-2007-subaru-forester--x--2-5l-h4-gas.

I installed an interior USB charger with a voltage display in my accessory port. It does show the voltage dropping sometimes below 13 volts, even down to 11.4V but the dashboard light flicker happens much more often than the voltage drops. The vast amount of the time the voltage display indicates voltage in the 13-14.6 range.

I would be grateful if someone tell me where the battery sensor is located on my 2007 Subaru Forester.

I would also be grateful for any help resolving my flickering dashboard light problem, including determining if the dashboard lights are accurately indicating a real problem.

In most cars of recent vintage it can be on the negative, the positive, or both battery leads. It can be on the firewall or on the end attached to the battery terminals.

It can be missing if someone installed a new battery cable. It can be bypassed if some installed a 'grounding kit'.

When searching for your answer look for battery condition monitor or similar.

Ask a Question