2007 Legacy 2.5 Torque bind?

Reaction score
Hello everyone first time using this site I usually have Forester or outback’s but they are most the same. Anyway I have a quick question with a 2007 Legacy 2.5 with A/T. I bought this car with a misfire and fixed everything and it runs beautifully only problem is the AWD light is on and when I take that out the light goes away which is normal but when I take turns slow it binds. I don’t know how long it was like this but I do know I checked the tread depth and the fronts are showing 5/32 and the rear is 8/32. Does anyone think new tires all the way around would solve this or is the center diff gone. Thank you for any suggestions

Measure the circumference of each tire. Unmatched tires will create issues and faults.
If the AWD lamp is illuminated, the entire vehicle should be scanned to determine the faults likely recorded within multiple control units.
Subaru uses the SSM (Subaru Select Monitor) protocol with that model and OBD II tools will not offer the recorded faults needed to help with a diagnosis.

Measure the circumference of each tire. Unmatched tires will create issues and faults.
If the AWD lamp is illuminated, the entire vehicle should be scanned to determine the faults likely recorded within multiple control units.
Subaru uses the SSM (Subaru Select Monitor) protocol with that model and OBD II tools will not offer the recorded faults needed to help with a diagnosis.
Thanks for the info, I’m just assuming that with the treads being different in the front compared to the rear that it would create problems. The only reason the AWD light is on is because I have the fuse in the fuse box but when I pull it out the light goes away but I get that dreaded torque bind when turning slowly

Ask a Question