2002 outback legacy electrical mayhem

Reaction score
I’m not a car person, but I do love my Subaru.
I’ve replaced the alternator, starter, and battery. But I am still having issues periodically with it not starting until I prevail upon some stranger to provide a jump or wait for triple A.

my car mechanic has stated to bring it in when it occurs. Which I have. But the second I get it going and deliver it, it’s fine. A few days, all normal. The minute I start thinking it’s fixed and to cease worrying, BAM.

I have noted that each time after I get it started the check engine light comes on. Usually after two runs it goes off and everything is peachy for a couple of weeks.

For all you experts and car aficionados, what is your opinion on The possible source of this.

I bought a lithium powered Jumper!! That way everyone doesn't think your trying to get out of something, using it as an excuse or wanting attention cuz you feel left out!!! I know I'm not nuts but just try to get it to happen when there is a witness or they borrow it!!

Sounds like you got a drain somewhere bro, do you have a mechanic or electrician who can put it on a lift and check for shorts from the battery? relays stuck on? a wire fused to the frame or worn through? This used to be a most basic skill, I find it growing ghastly scarce in so called "mechanics" these days.

Ask a Question