Windshield Wipers "smear"

Reaction score
So, I've had my Crosstrek for 2 years now, and I love it. I have a 2018 Crosstrek, Limited ti, and haven't had any problems with it, but one. My windshield wipers.. They are pretty new now, a few months old, but even before that I noticed the rear windshield wiper really just smears the spray more than cleaning. I clean my wipers every few weeks and they are full of black stuff from driving, but this I can't seem to fix. It creates almost like a rainbow pattern, and not sure what the problem is. Any help is welcome. I'm attaching a quick video and picture below. Also might as well mention the wiper doesn't wipe the top tiny bit, so it's more of a circle wipe, less the top like inch or so which is just glossed over almost. Because I can't upload the video, I'll leave a link: https://streamable.com/q2z5ap

Attachments

• IMG_5103[1].JPG
    IMG_5103[1].JPG
    497.6 KB · Views: 7
Is the engine consuming oil? Check the level. Oil particulates can be one cause. Replace the wiper with a quality fitting version and replace / test the washer fluid for contamination.
Wash the glass again with a quality cleaner and test again.

Ask a Question