What IS this part? 97 Impreza rear suspension

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza' started by Terry King, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Terry King

    Terry King Guest

    97 Impreza rear suspension: Top of strut appears
    to have a bolt that goes up thru a resilient mounting that has
    3 mounting bolts to the tower top.

    My strut top end was out of position, rubbing. Compressed
    spring and repositioned top into mounting hole.
    Staying OK in place for now.. BUT.

    My strut seems OK, but the rubber in the resilient
    mounting is broken. Other side is OK.

    What is this part CALLED? Don't know what to look for
    online or ask for...

    Terry King, Jul 7, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Terry King

    Bob Bailin Guest

    It's called the strut mount. Go to www.parts.com , choose
    Subaru and pick a dealer (all the sites have similar software).

    Go to the mechanical parts catalog, fill in your model yr and model.
    Choose Rear Suspension --> Suspension Components --> Strut mount.
    Click on "View Illus." for a picture of what's going on. The part lists
    for $80.63 and the dealer I'm looking at sells it for $64.50 + s/h.

    Bob Bailin, Jul 8, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.