Valve body replacement

Reaction score
I spoke to a Subaru dealer service rep and explained that my mechanic said my 2014 forester needed a new valve body. The dealer service rep said that typically if it needs a new valve body, there’s a second part that also needs replacing. She then said usually that repair (parts labor and tax) comes to between 4k-5k

This doesn’t match everything I read online for other Subaru owners also replacing the valve body. Everyone reports around 1k -1400 for total cost of the repair, including labor.

Does anyone know what the second part she was referring to may be? I haven’t been able to get the same woman on the phone since and no one else there is willing to give me any information

I genuinely have no idea. It’s a basic model (no bells or whistles). Haven’t the first clue what kind of engine or transmission…I would assume whatever came with the standard 2014 foster

Ask a Question