Trunk release

Reaction score
My 2019 crosstrek doesn’t have a trunk release button by the drivers seat. Is this something that is possible to add? If so, what’s involved? It seems a daft omission to me.

My 2019 crosstrek doesn’t have a trunk release button by the drivers seat. Is this something that is possible to add? If so, what’s involved? It seems a daft omission to me.
I couldn't agree with you more! My wife has a 2024 Crosstrek Sport and there is no inside release for the rear hatch. She complains constantly about this omission and justifiably so.

Someone @ Subaru dropped the ball, big time. A FREE retrofit is a remedy for all Subaru enthusiasts. I will vote bad for my 2024 in all Forums and surveys, NADA, C.R. et al.
Of course I'm just dreaming, But I have a 6 year payment plan....I don't think I can deal with it for 2 years let alone 6. I'm over 65 and getting in and out to open the hatch is not just stupid in a $ 30,000. 2024 Vehicle but unsafe.
My email is (e-mail address removed), if anyone one would schedule a retrofit for free for me. Ha Ha Ha

Ask a Question