Total electrical loss

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2016 Crosstrek that completely looses electrical power to everything. No start. No dash lights or instruments, no radio. If I try again later it may or may not start. Dash lights and radio flicker while driving. Battery tests good and I replaced the ignition switch. No codes set. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Body Control Module can make for some strange happenings, much like you describe. If your shop isn't on their game, it is easily overlooked.

"Electrical loss" refers to the reduction or dissipation of electrical energy within an electrical circuit or system. These losses can occur for various reasons and typically result in a decrease in the efficiency of the electrical system. Some common causes of electrical losses include:

1. Resistance: Electrical conductors, such as wires and components, have inherent resistance to the flow of electric current. This resistance generates heat and causes some of the electrical energy to be lost sad dp as thermal energy.
  2. Eddy Currents: In some electrical devices and materials, circulating currents called eddy currents can be induced, leading to additional energy losses in the form of heat.

Ask a Question