Thumbs down for the Tom Tom maps

Reaction score
Disappointed in the Tom Tom nav system. No real customization options. Maps don't show the street names. Updates don't help. Any ideas? Hate to use the data on my iPhone when I paid for a built-in system.

Disappointed in the Tom Tom nav system. No real customization options. Maps don't show the street names. Updates don't help. Any ideas? Hate to use the data on my iPhone when I paid for a built-in system.
I am with you on Tom Tom. The system in our 2020 Legacy is not impressive at all. The system in our 2023 Outback is marginally better, but still subpar. I end up using CarPlay when I really need to find something. The 2023 version isn't even up to the same level as the system that was in our 2018 BMW, and that system was not all that impressive even at that point in time.

I have never really seen an onboard nav system that can compete with a stand-alone unit like a Garmin, or with what we have in our smartphones nowadays. You would think they could do better.

Any way to select Dark Mode on Navigation display? 2024 Legacy. I agree about the Tom Tom system. To me it's like watching black and white TV. Google satellite view via Car Play is better. My previous vehicle was a Ford Explorer which had an excellent Nav/Radio display.

The built-in NAV in my 20189 Mustang was great. As is my friends in his 2019 Fusion. Not sure who Ford subcontracts with. It's a shame - I love the Outback overall - just the NAV and overall delay of the infotainment system is subpar.

Regarding Dark Mode - seems to be connected only by the headlights and the sunlight sensor.

The built-in NAV in my 20189 Mustang was great. As is my friends in his 2019 Fusion. Not sure who Ford subcontracts with. It's a shame - I love the Outback overall - just the NAV and overall delay of the infotainment system is subpar.
I agree about the Ford Navigation. My previous vehicle was an Explorer. Not happy with display on my 24 Legacy.

Attachments

• IMG_1162.jpeg
    IMG_1162.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 6

Ask a Question