So I screwed up recharging my ac now it won’t kick in.

Reaction score
Somehow the pressure got way to high, ac was working and has since stopped. My theory is maybe the high side safety switch engaged? I drained the refrigeratant to the proper level on the low side back to 35 however it’s still not kicking on. Fuses are fine. Is there a gauge I can get somewhere to check the high side and maybe reduce it? Or am I way off base thinking it’s this?

Somehow the pressure got way to high, ac was working and has since stopped. My theory is maybe the high side safety switch engaged? I drained the refrigeratant to the proper level on the low side back to 35 however it’s still not kicking on. Fuses are fine. Is there a gauge I can get somewhere to check the high side and maybe reduce it? Or am I way off base thinking it’s this?
Harbor Freight had a set of gauges/hoses for $49.95 a few days ago. Has both low and high side gauges.

Ask a Question