PCV SYSTEM

Reaction score
SO I’ve cleaned the pcv valve on my 05 Subaru. It moved around and sounded like everyone said it should after cleaning. Yet after a week since doing so I pulled the tube off and blew threw it and I got a fairly decent amount of oil coming out the end plus I’ve got smoke coming out the exhaust upon getting onto the freeway. How would I go about cleaning the vent port on the block before the PCV valve? That port looks like it has a bunch of sludge on it so can that cause more/less vacuum on the pcv valve causing it to suck oil into the system and causing oil consumption? I’ve lost about a full quart since then as well. I was also wandering if bad/worn rings on the dipstick tube can cause air leak pulling oil into the PCV valve system?

Ugh. So I’ve done a vacuum test on my stupid pcv valve and found it’s toast. So during high acceleration getting onto the freeway it’s wide open and sucking oil into my intake manifold.

Ask a Question