P0700 and P2746

Reaction score
2014 Legacy 2.5 with CVT, 132k miles. The valve body in the CVT was replaced under warranty at around 57k miles. Stuck solenoid.

I know the P0700 just tells the ECM to turn on the check engine light and I looked up the P2746 which indicates the intermediate shaft speed sensor. This just happened this evening. When I first started the car, the check engine light came on along with a flashing brake light, flashing AT temp light and a flashing traction control light. The cruise control symbol was also flashing. Later when I started the vehicle, the check engine light was still solid but only the brake light and cruise control indicator were flashing. I checked the codes when I got home and those were the only two codes.

It looks like it is an easy fix, the sensor can be removed from the outside of the transmission. I am concerned about the wiring as I have been having problems with mice getting into the car and I can't find where they are getting in. They have also built nests under the hood, or at least stole the insulation material from between the hood and the cowl. The car does not sit around a lot, it is used almost daily.

Question, where do I find the TCM in case I have to trace wires? Anyone here ever have the same issue? Will an aftermarket sensor work or are Subaru's sensitive to using only OEM parts?

That model requires identification.
A service manual is required to attempt any repairs.
PCM P0700 identifies a malfunction detected at the vehicle's transmission control.
TCM: P2746 Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor B Circuit Range.
= Primary Pulley Revolution Speed Sensor Circuit.
= Primary speed sensor malfunction, open or shorted input signal circuit.

- Look for physical damage at the sensors / wiring and metal particles in the transmission oil.
- Check the harness to the TCM for correct resistance but measure the signal with an oscilloscope.

Check the pollen / cabin filter for rodent intrusion.
You're welcome.

Attachments

• 2014 Legacy.png
    2014 Legacy.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Primary.png
    Primary.png
    853.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Secondary.png
    Secondary.png
    841.4 KB · Views: 47
  • TCM Terminals.png
    TCM Terminals.png
    703.7 KB · Views: 40
I erased the codes yesterday, so far the light is off, but I think the driving I did today may only count as one trip.

May have found the problem. Started having other electrical issues. The negative terminal on the battery was cracked, I had to replace the whole terminal.

Ask a Question