2013 Impreza sport throwing P0700 code

KvG

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, so please excuse me if there is a better place to post this.

My son has a 2013 Impreza Sport and was on his way back to school in Chicago yesterday when all the warning lights on the dash went off on the interstate. The Check Engine light was a solid yellow and the AT OIL TEMP light was flashing.

He was only about 5 miles from the nearest Autozone, and all the research I looked up said it was ok to drive for a short period. He WAS NOT experiencing any of the symptoms that I've read online relative to the failure of the torque converter clutch solenoid...shuddering, loss of power, difference in gear shifting, etc.

EDIT: I should also add that he said his cruise control wasn't working after this happened, but I have not yet confirmed whether it was before that, or not.

I'm attaching the OBDC report from Autozone here. I have some questions...

-Anyone have any experience with this? The guy at the parts store said it could possibly need to be reset, or the solenoid need to be replaced?
-If the solenoid needs to be replaced, is this a major and costly fix?
-Are all the other codes on this just residual based on the primary P0700 issue?
-Anyone in the Chicagoland area and have experience with McGrath Evanston Subaru?

Thanks in advance. I know enough about cars to be dangerous, but not at this detail, and it is a bit frustrating and humbling being 5 hours away without being able to directly help.

Attachments

• 70286078013__927E77F3-B1E7-4C26-A420-1E605F0C7CE5 2.JPG
    70286078013__927E77F3-B1E7-4C26-A420-1E605F0C7CE5 2.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 50
  • 70286076866__40A51898-56E7-416A-9292-922C09F60DFB 2.JPG
    70286076866__40A51898-56E7-416A-9292-922C09F60DFB 2.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
2013 Impreza Sport Premium 2.0L

1st - Control units do not throw codes, fault codes are recorded within the respected control unit(s).
2nd - Autozone is not and never will a repair center, they sell parts and offer free scans in order to sell parts.
3rd - The recorded faults are a guide towards tests for the control unit(s) that recorded the fault(s).
4th - Faults recorded with the Engine, Transmission, ABS or VDC controllers will disable cruise control.
5th - Faults recorded with any of the above controllers will disable the functioning of Cruise, ABS and Traction Control (VDC).
6th - The vehicles dynamics will misbehave and consume more fuel than usual.

A Subaru SSM (Subaru Select Monitor) scan tool is required to test the faults while reading live data.
In other words, test instead of throwing parts at the vehicle.

Inspect the wiring harness for damage, inspect the vehicles ground straps, inspect for rodent damage.

C1431 AT abnormal - Check for harness damage and or rodent damage with possible damaged TCM.

1. Check for battery voltage to the secondary speed sensor Green/Yellow wire. If there is no voltage, check for a burned 7.5 amp fuse in the fuse holder at the interior fuse panel.

2. If the secondary speed sensor has battery voltage, verify it has a good ground on the Black wire. When voltage and ground are good, check for a 5 volt reference on the Red/Yellow wire at the sensor when the sensor is unplugged. If there is no reference voltage, the signal wire may be shorted to ground or the Transmission Control Module (TCM) may have been damaged as a result of the damaged wiring touching each other and sending battery voltage through the signal wire into the TCM.

3. If the sensor has good battery voltage and ground with a good 5 volt reference, check for a square wave signal from the sensor while driving. If there is no signal, the secondary speed sensor may be faulty.

C1733 Longitudinal G Sensor
1. After installing, replacing or adjusting the following parts, perform the VDC sensor midpoint setting mode (models without EyeSight):

•Steering angle sensor
•Steering wheel
•Suspension parts
•Wheel alignment
•VDCCM&H/U
•VDCCM&H/U bracket

2. Park the vehicle on a level surface, and set the steering wheel to the neutral position.

3. Connect the Subaru Select Monitor to data link connector.
(a) Run the "PC application for Subaru Select Monitor".
(b) On «Main Menu» display, select «Each System Check».
(c) Select «Brake Control System». When «VDC» is displayed, select the [OK] button.
(d) From «Current Data Display & Save», select «Steer Angle Sensor Op», «Longitudinal G Sensor» and «Lateral G sensor Output».

4. Check that the steering angle sensor output values are between -10 and 10 deg.

5. Check the output values of both Longitudinal G Sensor and Lateral G Sensor are between -2 — 2 m/s 2.

6. From «Work Support», select «VSC(VDC) Centering Mode», and perform the setting according to the procedure displayed on the Subaru Select Monitor screen.

7. Drive the vehicle for 10 minutes, and check that there is no system malfunction or the warning light illumination while driving.

8. Make sure no DTC's are stored.

The included documents are a guide only.
If the transmission has not been serviced, consider it with the correct fluid and filter.
All wheels must have equal circumference.

Attachments

• C1431.pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 31
  • C1732.pdf
    184.7 KB · Views: 22

Ask a Question