Just purchased a 2016 WRX

Reaction score
So I recently got my WRX from a local dealer not an actual subaru dealership, and after driving it around and enjoying it I decide to bring it home that day. As I'm driving home with it I noticed the check engine light but would go away after a little bit of driving.. So after a few days the check engine light is now on. I then bring it back to the dealer I got it from and told me they are bringing it to an actual subuaru dealership. Now they find out the fuel injector sensor isn't working, and now I have been waiting over a week for my car. They then said later that day they need to tune the car because guy before me had a few modifications. I just want my car and dont have the slightest idea on how long this will take. I'm totally new to the Subie scene, does this sound normal and should it be taking this long to get my car?? I mean should I be waiting for them now or tell them to keep it and ill find a different vehicle? That's where I'm at right now.

I know this is an old post, but curious as to what happened. Were they able to reverse the mods? I have a '16 Sport-Tech & having some engine trouble. Always wondering what's around the corner so to speak. Going to sell mine asap.

Ask a Question