Is anyone aware of a way to disable EyeSight and still be able to control steering and acceleration via CAN messages?

Reaction score
I understand it sounds like a strange question, and I am sure whatever answer is there would void warranty, but in my case the warranty is already expired and I nearly own the vehicle outright.

I have been looking at OpenPilot from CommaAI which is basic L2 autonomous system, but it heavily relies on EyeSight and therefore the system itself is limited because EyeSight limits things like steering torque, and rate of steering angle change.

One idea in mind is just to remove the EyeSight fuse from the panel. I have also read the control unit is behind the center console / radio.

So assuming one wanted to disable EyeSight, would I still be able to control the Lane Keeping and Cruise Control manually via CAN Message?

I understand the danger of it and I am not advocating that it should be done without care and in extremely limited test scenarios.

Last edited:

Ask a Question