Hatch opened by itself after thunder. 2022 Outback

Reaction score
Want to see if anyone else has had this happen to their Outback.

2022 Outback Limited XT with the most recent firmware update (heated seats now available from the regular screen).

Parked in driveway, all doors locked. Very loud clap of thunder, probably 0.5 miles away judging from lighting to thunder at around 3am, but very loud. In the morning my partner goes out and tells me my hatch is open, but the doors are definitely locked (she has her own vehicle and does not have a key for my Outback).

All indications suggest this was not an attempted burglary as nothing was moved, sunglasses in very visible location not touched and moving blankets in back of car showed no sign of anyone crawling across them.

Keys in my jeans pocket hanging on my bedroom door, so no kids or pets able to get to them. Spare keys also in safe spot, untouched. Keys also at least 30 feet from car and inside house.

Would love to know if anyone has had a similar situation or if you have any ideas of why this would have happened.

As someone who goes camping, hiking etc in the wilderness, often leaving my car parked for days at a time, the thought of the hatch opening because of a clap of thunder is very concerning.

Thanks!

Want to see if anyone else has had this happen to their Outback.

2022 Outback Limited XT with the most recent firmware update (heated seats now available from the regular screen).

Parked in driveway, all doors locked. Very loud clap of thunder, probably 0.5 miles away judging from lighting to thunder at around 3am, but very loud. In the morning my partner goes out and tells me my hatch is open, but the doors are definitely locked (she has her own vehicle and does not have a key for my Outback).

All indications suggest this was not an attempted burglary as nothing was moved, sunglasses in very visible location not touched and moving blankets in back of car showed no sign of anyone crawling across them.

Keys in my jeans pocket hanging on my bedroom door, so no kids or pets able to get to them. Spare keys also in safe spot, untouched. Keys also at least 30 feet from car and inside house.

Would love to know if anyone has had a similar situation or if you have any ideas of why this would have happened.

As someone who goes camping, hiking etc in the wilderness, often leaving my car parked for days at a time, the thought of the hatch opening because of a clap of thunder is very concerning.

Thanks!
Not on an Subaru but on my Audi where you wave your foot to open it the hatch has open apparently from water drops across the camera if the keyfob was in range.

Ask a Question