2009 Impreza Sedan vs. 2024 Impreza Hatchback

Reaction score
I drive a 2009 Subie Impreza 2.5i sedan with the "old" regular automatic transmission - not CVT. It has no backup camera or other safety features that newer models have, but I love how it handles, has plenty of power for me, hugs twisty mountain roads beautifully, and like its tight, safe ride. People have been complaining about the 2024 Impreza Hatchback-only models because it has a "sluggish" CVT engine and isn't sporty enough, etc. Maybe most are referring to the RS or WRX sportster models, but I'd be happy with the new 2024 base model -- or would I??? My question is this: Should I expect a 2024 model Subie to handle better - even with a CVT - and ride a bit quieter than a 2009 auto transmission model with 130,000 miles on it? In other words, with all the complaints about the new Impreza, is it better or worse, and in what ways, than a model that is 15 years older?

Can not compare it to a regular auto but my 2024 Impreza RS is whisper quiet compared to my 2015 Impreza. You also get about 40 more horsepower and it is noticeable. The RS comes with larger wheels and tires, larger brakes and a few other goodies.

Ask a Question