Did service people put me in danger?

Reaction score
I have serviced my legacy at the same place for years, oil changes et al. I was just told I have a totally rotted out front subframe--had no idea. One more pothole and it would have been all over.

Am I incorrect in thinking the oil change/tire rotation people should have seen such severe rusting when servicing? We're talking a large hole and large cracks on the right arm of the frame. Hard to believe they didn't, especially when they serviced the car for over a decade. I ask as I'm quite car-ignorant person.

As a general rule, you did not ask or pay for an inspection. Only a oil change, tire rotation. I can see this occurring, especially if they are trying to get you in and out in a hurry.

As a general rule, you did not ask or pay for an inspection. Only a oil change, tire rotation. I can see this occurring especially if they are trying to get you in and out in a hurry.

Our local dealer in CLT has been ripping people off for years. After 12 years of (way over) paying for factory service, they trumped up $5k of charges for my friend's Outback last week. She brought home a new MAzda AWD CX-4 the other day and it is lovely. I'm keeping my old Subarus, but they never go to the stealership.

Ask a Question