Dashboard lights and hesitation

Reaction score
HI,
i just wanted to get some feedback from fellow Subaru lifers.
i own a 2013 Subaru Impreza and i am having some, what i hope are minor issues.
it started last year when a handful of dashboard lights would randomly turn on and stay on for a few days and then go off.
then it would happen again months later, then again and again.
well it has resurfaced again just a week ago.
usually i don't do anything because it eventually turns off.
what happens is, i turn the car on and once i start driving within a few minutes the dashboard lights up and stays on until i turn it off.
then when i turn it back on, all is clear until i drive it again for a few minutes and the dashboard lights back up again.
it has been doing this for about a week now.
the other thing i notice is that when the dashboard lights come on, i cannot use my paddle shifters and cruise control.
however i can use the paddle shifters and cruise control for a few minutes until the dashboard lights come on.
So i decided to undo the battery to reset everything, to see if that would resolve the issue.
well it has not, dashboard lights still come on every time i drive my car.
i also have noticed that when the dashboard lights come one my car tends to hesitate or buck slightly like its going to stall or shift, not really sure.
this only happens when i am going under 25 mph shortly after the dashboard lights come on.
any suggestions for things to try?
i do all my own work so i am not afraid to try anything mechanical or even electrical.

Ask a Question