Crosstrek hybrid

Reaction score
My wife's hybrid Crosstrek display shows in hybrid mode the gas engine on front wheels in brown rear wheel blue does that mean two engines gas and electronic operate in hybrid
The electric miles state 17miles full electric however even in cold we get up to 20 on days we don't need heat or AC we get 26 to 30
Even in hybrid the car will go into full EV mode than back into hybrid. I periodically not charge the car to burn gas and charge the regular battery.
Car performs beyond spec not sure why, it's A 2023
Ron

My wife's hybrid Crosstrek display shows in hybrid mode the gas engine on front wheels in brown rear wheel blue does that mean two engines gas and electronic operate in hybrid
The electric miles state 17miles full electric however even in cold we get up to 20 on days we don't need heat or AC we get 26 to 30
Even in hybrid the car will go into full EV mode than back into hybrid. I periodically not charge the car to burn gas and charge the regular battery.
Car performs beyond spec not sure why, it's A 2023
Ron

Ron. I call it “EV” mode or “gasoline” mode to distinguish how the car is operating. To me, “hybrid” is the combination of both which I do not think the car “runs” on both simultaneously. With that, it’s great that you exceed specs for the miles you get in “EV” mode on a single charge. I tend to view “blended” mileage or the total MPGe miles per gallon to assess how successful my car runs as a hybrid vehicle. If I can plug-in often between driving, I can log 60+ MPGe. If not, I will fall into the low 40’s MPGe. Enjoy your car. I am very sorry Subaru has decided to discontinue manufacturing the Crosstrek Hybrid but I hear the Forester may launch a Hybrid in the next couple years.

Ask a Question