2022 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid Battery Dead

Reaction score
Hi, I bought 2022 Crosstrek Hybrid in Feb 2022 and not even 2 months, when I did not drive for 4 days the battery was completely dead and nothing was working.
Had to jumpstart to start and went out for 10 mins drive, to recharge and just stopped and the battery got drained again, had to call road side since my jump start kit had also got drained.
1. Is this common issue in Subaru?
2. Cant we leave vehicle idle for one even one week ?
3. What to do if we go for vacation and do not use for a month.
Please let me know if any body has faced similar issue and what was done to resolve it, while selling the car no body informed about this, please suggest me what do to, if it stops somewhere in the middle.

Hi, I bought 2022 Crosstrek Hybrid in Feb 2022 and not even 2 months, when I did not drive for 4 days the battery was completely dead and nothing was working.
Had to jumpstart to start and went out for 10 mins drive, to recharge and just stopped and the battery got drained again, had to call road side since my jump start kit had also got drained.
1. Is this common issue in Subaru?
2. Cant we leave vehicle idle for one even one week ?
3. What to do if we go for vacation and do not use for a month.
Please let me know if any body has faced similar issue and what was done to resolve it, while selling the car no body informed about this, please suggest me what do to, if it stops somewhere in the middle.
The battery maybe defective from factory. Have it fully charged, which is 12.6 volts, then do a load test, the dealer should replace it. Any lights left on in the interior, my mom left her inside trunk light on time and did not know

The battery maybe defective from factory. Have it fully charged, which is 12.6 volts, then do a load test, the dealer should replace it. Any lights left on in the interior, my mom left her inside trunk light on time and did not know

Thank you Matt, Dealer said it had bad cell and replaced battery but still he was suggesting the car should not idle for more than two weeks that sounded strange,

Hi, new to the Forum. My daughter's 2021 Crosstrek battery was dead to the world today. Only 5000 miles. Did start after jumping but not a Hybrid. Does anyone suggest an AGM battery for the Crosstrek?

I’ve owned 6 Subarus and normally the batteries last approximately 36 months!

An AGM battery is. great suggestion! I use an AGM BATTERY in my Corvette which has a 8 warranty but my last AGM battery was still working properly after 10 years but I replaced it with a new AGM battery to insure no future battery problems!
I also installed a battery cut off since the corvette is not driven daily but is my fun car used mostly on week ends! I cut off the battery when the corvette is placed in my garage!

Letting the vehicle idle ?????
NO, never disconnect the battery, test the system for a parasitic draw !!!!!
Use a battery maintainer for the short term.

Attachments

• Maintainer example.jpg
    Maintainer example.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 3

Ask a Question