Alternative For Owner's Manual

Reaction score
The owner's manual for the 2018 Forester was obviously written by someone for whom English is not his/her first language.

It is one of the worst manuals my husband and I have ever seen, far worse than any of our previous Subaru manuals.

Given all the newfangled electronics on the car, we would like to be able to learn how to drive our '18 XTs.

Does anybody know of an online owner's manual for dummies for the '18 Foresters or have any other advice?

The safety features on these cars have saved us from so many accidents with our rotten local drivers.

Thanks.

Carolie (and Ramondo)
2000 Subaru Forester XT (no longer have)
2005 Subaru Forester XT turbo (no longer have)
2018 Subaru Forester XT turbo (struggling with-love the handling)

The owner's manual for the 2018 Forester was obviously written by someone for whom English is not his/her first language.

It is one of the worst manuals my husband and I have ever seen, far worse than any of our previous Subaru manuals.

Given all the newfangled electronics on the car, we would like to be able to learn how to drive our '18 XTs.

Does anybody know of an online owner's manual for dummies for the '18 Foresters or have any other advice?

The safety features on these cars have saved us from so many accidents with our rotten local drivers.

Thanks.

Carolie (and Ramondo)
2005 Subaru Forester XT turbo (no longer have)

I don't know of another manual. But I agree, this manual is horrible. The index has no page number. Finding a page number for something like: airbag, clock, sound , stereo is not going to happen Once you find what you are looking for the directions are terrible. The pictures are unreadable. Just getting the time and date set was an ordeal.

Ask a Question